Below you will find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about marijuana.
What is Marijuana?
Marijuana, also known as weed, pot, dope, or cannabis, is the dried flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant. It contain mild-altering, or psychoactive, compounds THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), and other active compounds that are not mind altering, such as CBD (cannabidiol).
How is Marijuana Used?
There are many ways to use marijuana, and each way will affect users differently:
- Rolled up and smoked like a cigarette (a joint) or a cigar (a blunt)
- Smoked in a pipe
- Mixed into food and eaten
- Brewed or mixed into liquid as a tea or other beverage
- In bath and body products such as creams, soaps, lip balms, and more
Are Cannabis, Hemp, and Marijuana the Same Thing?
These terms are often thrown around and used interchangeably, despite being very different from each other:
- Cannabis: a family of plants with two classifications – indica and sativa.
- Marijuana: a member of either the cannabis indica or cannabis sativa families.
- Hemp: a member of the cannabis sativa family.
Marijuana and hemp differ in their anatomy, composition, and usages. Marijuana is most well-known for its psychoactive properties because it has so much THC in it. Because of this, it’s smoked, inhaled, ingested, or injected for a “high” effect.
On the other hand, hemp is used primarily for industrial purposes. For instance, paper, clothing, biofuel, food products, oils, and even building materials are made from hemp.
What Are the Differences Between Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid?
Cannabis can be classified into two main species: indica and sativa. There is also a mix of the two classifications, called hybrid. Sativa makes people feel more energetic and creative, while indica makes people feel more relaxed and sleepy.
Most strains of marijuana, however, fall somewhere in between, making them hybrids.
Is Marijuana Legal in Canada?
Yes, as of October 18, 2018, recreational marijuana is legal throughout all of Canada. While each province and territory has their own specific rules and regulations, you can legally consume cannabis in Canada.
Why Was Marijuana Legalized in Canada and What Are Some Restrictions?
Beside obvious financial reasons, the Cannabis Act was put into place to displace the illegal cannabis market and keep profits out of the hands of criminals and organized crime.
Here are some things the Cannabis Act prohibits:
- Selling products that are appealing to the youth
- Packaging or labelling cannabis in a way that’s appealing to the youth
- Selling cannabis through self-service displays or vending machines
- Promoting or advertising cannabis to entice the youth to use cannabis
How Can I Tell If the Marijuana I Buy Is Legal?
All legal cannabis products have an “excise stamp” on the package to prevent forgery. Each province and territory has a different colored excise stamp.
Products also have the standardized cannabis symbol and mandatory health warning messages to provide information about the risks of using marijuana.
Will Medical Marijuana Still Be Available?
Yes. Approximately 330,000 Canadians are registered to receive medical marijuana, which has been legal in Canada since 2001.
Marijuana bought through the medical marijuana system is often cheaper and covered by some drug plans. Plus, medical users can carry more marijuana on them (150 grams).
What’s the Best Way to Store My Cannabis?
Three main things will affect your marijuana: oxygen, direct light, and temperature. To find out more, read our quick and easy guide to storing marijuana.
What Are the Health Benefits of Using Marijuana?
Marijuana has been used as a form of medicine for thousands of years. Here are some of the most common health benefits of using marijuana:
- Relief from chronic pain
- Help with dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction (such as opioids)
- Treatment of depression, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and anxiety
- Help with treating nausea and vomiting induced by chemotherapy during cancer treatments
- Reduced epileptic seizures
How Old Do I Have to Be to Buy Marijuana in Canada?
You must be 19 to buy, possess, and consume cannabis in all of Canada, unless you’re in Alberta or Quebec.
Keep in mind that Quebec has plans in the future to raise the minimum age to 21.
You are never allowed to share cannabis products with a minor and face up to 14 years in prison if caught doing so.
How Much Marijuana Am I Allowed to Have and Where Can I Smoke It?
You can buy, carry, and share (with other adults) up to 30 grams of marijuana. This equates to a little over an ounce of dried cannabis or about 60 normal-sized joints.
Again, each province and territory has different rules about the consumption of marijuana. And the rules are constantly evolving.
For example, in Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta (outside of Calgary), you can smoke marijuana in same places that you can smoke tobacco. This includes streets and parks, though you should always make sure before lighting up.
The move to expand the areas you can consume marijuana in public is under way in many other provinces. In fact, one of the most sought out places to smoke marijuana is in hotels, as tourists want to be able to consume their favorite cannabis products while on vacation. Keep an eye out for changing legislation.
Can I Grow My Own Marijuana?
The Cannabis Act allows Canadians to grow up to four plants per household (not per person). In order to sell the grown cannabis, you’ll need to be authorized by Health Canada and may need a license from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Can I Buy Weed Online?
Absolutely! There are plenty of online dispensaries in Canada that make buying your favorite cannabis products online easy.
Here are the benefits of buying weed online in Canada:
- Convenience: buy all the best weed products online and have them delivered straight to your house – without ever having to leave.
- Privacy: only you and your online dispensary ever have to know you’re buying weed online, which is great for those that prefer to keep their weed consumption private.
- Selection: since there are hundreds of online dispensaries in Canada, you’ll always be able to find the exact product you’re looking for.
- Prices: all online dispensaries are fighting for your business so you’re bound to find better prices, deals, and discounts every single day.
Instead of waiting for a physical dispensary to open up near you, buy your weed online!
Can I Buy Weed on buymailordermarijuana.com?
It’s easy to see why you might think you can buy your weed online at our buymailordermarijuana.com website. After all, we have thousands of amazing cannabis products displaying throughout the entire website.
However, you don’t buy weed directly from our website.
We are like the Amazon of weed 🙂
We give 420 consumers an easy way to find the products they want from the online dispensaries that have it and make buying weed online in Canada a cinch.
Here’s how it works:
- Search for your favorite cannabis product
- Click on the “Buy Now” button
- Finish buying your weed on the MOM (Mail Order Marijuana) Dispensary website that has the product you want
We run what is slated to be the largest, most comprehensive weed dispensary directory so you can find all your favorite cannabis products for the best prices. We then direct your straight to the online dispensary that has what you need to you can finalize your purchase. It really is that easy.
Check out our MOM (mail order marijuana) Dispensaries, find the cannabis product you want, and buy your weed online now.
How Long Does Shipping Take and Where Do Online Dispensaries Ship To?
Most of our Mail Order Marijuana Partners ship anywhere in Canada using Canada Post. Shipping normally takes 2 to 4 days depending on where you are located.
Before you complete a purchase, check with the individual MOM for their exact shipping times as they may differ.